Thursday

Alber Elbaz we love you

Today I heard the very exciting news that this November's H&M designer collaboration will be with none other than Lanvin. While I give you a moment to pick your jaw up from the floor - I know I needed one - I shall take the time to give you a little bit more information. Having always been against a mass market "dress for less"collection, Alber Elbaz is taking the opportunity to inject luxury into the highstreet store. Lanvin isn't going public, H&M is - for November at least - going to have something resembling high fashion class.

So what should we expect? To try and create an affordable version of the French powerhouse sounds impossible and yet come the 23rd of November there it will be. Anybody who loves Lanvin will know that the beauty is in the exquisite lines, the feminine detailing, the contrast of modern design and old world glamour and simply the delicious Frenchness of it all. To bring all this to the wardrobe of a regular girl on a regular salary really is "translating the dream".

I can't wait!


2 comments:

Miss Write said...

H&M are fab. Dilemma though: I love Lanvin but can't stand the flood of excited shoppers when these collections launch. So I miss out on all the good stuff!

EllieB said...

I know exactly what you mean... but I think that this one might be worth the tent and the flask of tea :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails