Sunday

Saturday Adventures



Who watched the football on Saturday? Who was forced to? I found myself coerced into a deal with the Boy whereby if I didn't cringe (too much) at the car flags and put up with the 'En-ger-lund' war cries at the pub, not to mention the middle aged men wearing football shirts that I would be taken on an adventure that morning.

As readers of this blog know, I am a girl who loves an adventure - not the hiking, camping type mind you, I'm much more the stately homes and cream tea type... Following the huge success of our adventure excursion last year, the Boy and I found ourselves the village of Corfe Castle, the beautifully picturesque hamlet that lies at the foot of castle ruins in Dorset. Having landed on the same day as 'Corfest' the usual £6 fee was wavered by the lovely old ladies from the National Trust (after a hefty yearly membership sales pitch) and we were able to ascend to the castle with the happiness only true freedom can bring.

At the entrance of the castle was a small market and makeshift dog show, so after watching the 'waggiest tail' entrants strut thier stuff(and get their bellies scratched), we took a stroll around the stalls. A jar of pickled eggs, chilli oil, tomato chutney and a bracelet later we moved on to a church book fair where I picked up a copy of The Alchemist for 50p - bargain!

My bracelet is actually intended to be a little girls necklace, but after opting to go for a 'B' bee rather then an 'E' elephant (or the 'P' piglet suggestion by the Boy) I thought I'd be fabulously bohemian/ kitsch and wrap it around my wrist, although I still haven't been able to tie a knot tight enough to get it to stay yet. Knot experts suggestions welcome...
After having a lovely pub lunch we headed to the coast and sat on a stone watching the world go by for a little bit...

... And made it home in plenty of time to watch England draw 1-1 against USA. I kept my promise and was on my best behaviour. Of course A bottle of rose was the perfect way to finish taking the edge off the beautiful game.

Doesn't the Boy look lovely in his sunglasses?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails